We believe that it is the express purpose of God, our Heavenly Father, to call out of the world a people who shall constitute the Body, the church of Jesus Christ, built and established upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone.
We further believe that members of the Body, the church, are enjoined to assemble themselves together for worship, fellowship and instruction in the Word of God, the work of its ministry, and for the exercise of those spiritual gifts and offices provided for in the New Testament; and according to God’s Word, the early Christians came together in such fellowship as a representative Body of blood-washed and spirit-filled believers, who cooperated with, and sent out, evangelists and missionaries and, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit, set over the churches, apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers, deacons and helpers.
Therefore, we recognize ourselves as a cooperative fellowship of Christians, endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace, till we all come in the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the son of God, unto a perfect man unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:3-13).
As a covenant community comprised of followers of Jesus Christ devoted to the Word of God, the Pentecostal Church of God adheres to the following essential values as foundational doctrines and those things which we hold as absolute beliefs (Luke 1:1); seeking always the global advancement of the Kingdom of God (Acts 1:8); endeavoring to be connected and serve with a Christ-honoring approach that there be no divisive disturbance of the peace and harmony within the Body of Christ (Mark 10:45, 1 Corinthians 1:10) in order that we will be a relevant voice to reach the unreached peoples of our generation and send the reached into the harvest (Acts 13:36).
Heaven Bound Family Church holds to 17 doctrinal positions. Those positions include:
1.The Scriptures: The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God.
2. The Godhead: We believe there is but one true and living God. In the unity of this Godhead, there are three persons of one individual essence, who are co-equal, co-existent and co-eternal; namely, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
3. Man, His Fall and Redemption: Man is a created being, made in the likeness and the image of God, but through Adam’s transgression and fall, sin came into the world. Redemption is possibly only through the works of Jesus on the cross.
4. Salvation: Salvation is made possible through the meritorious work of Jesus Christ on the cross and through Holy Spirit conviction. Salvation is the gift of God to man.
5. The Church: The true church consists of all true believers, born again of the Spirit and the Word.
6. The Ministry: God, through the Holy Spirit, definitely calls such as He desires to serve as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, and specifically endues the one called with the talents and gifts peculiar to that office or offices.
7. Water Baptism: Baptism in water is by immersion. It is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
8. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost: The Baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire (Matthew 3:11), is a gift from God. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost is accompanied by the speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance as the initial physical sign and evidence.
9. Sanctification: Sanctification is a definite, yet progressive, work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration.
10. The Lord’s Supper: The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper is a commandment of our savior; and being a memorial to His death and resurrection, is strictly limited to Christian believers.
11. Foot Washing: We recognize Foot washing as a Christian practice.
12. Divine Healing: Healing is for the physical ills of the human body and is wrought by the power of God, through the prayer of faith, and by the laying on of hands.
13. Resurrection of the Just: When Christ returns, “the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
14. Setting a Time for the Lord’s Return: It is unwise to teach that the Lord will come at some specified time.
15. The Coming of the Lord: We believe the Bible presents the coming of Christ as personal, imminent, pre-tribulational and pre-millennial.
16. Hell and Eternal Retribution: The one who physically dies in his sins without Christ is hopelessly and eternally lost in the lake of fire, and therefore has no further opportunity of hearing the Gospel or for repentance.
17. Tithes: We recognize the scriptural duty of all our people, to pay tithes as unto the Lord.
A more complete Biblical presentation of these 17 doctrinal statements can be read by clicking here.